Real Estate is Essential and SO ARE YOU!
In these uncertain times, we wanted to take a moment to let you know that we are still here for you! According to the Executive Order issued by Governor Doug Ducey on 3/23/2020, azarchitecture/Jarson&Jarson Real Estate is an “Essential Service”, falling under the umbrella of professional services. There is so much information out there right now that it can be confusing! We want to let you know that we are open for business and we are here to help you with any of your residential real estate needs. In addition, we are taking great precaution and have protocols in place to keep both our agents and clients safe.
No matter what, people need homes. We know this, and we are prepared to continue helping people buy and sell property in Arizona. Here are some of the ways we are protecting you, our essential clients, as well as our outstanding team of agents:
- Virtual Meetings: For the time being, we are limiting in person meetings as much as possible. Lots of business can be conducted virtually through platforms such as FaceTime, Zoom, etc. If you are unfamiliar with these platforms, we would be happy to walk you through how to use them. Also, the telephone works just as well as it did in 1975, so we are happy to jump on a phone call with you as well!
- Social Distancing: For the duration, “Social Distancing” cannot be just a priority, it is a MUST. During any person-to-person meetings, we have asked that our agents space themselves a minimum of 6’ apart, more if possible.
- Personal Protection: We have asked that all of our agents carry hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes or at least a tube or bar of soap and a paper towel so that they can wash up regularly. We have also recommend that our agents wear a mask and disposable gloves anytime they are in a property or around others.
- Sanitization: We have asked that all of our agents wipe down anything they touch in a home including, but not limited to door knobs, light switches, water faucets, etc. both upon entering and exiting the home.
- Open Houses: We have discouraged our agents from holding traditional “Open Houses” in this uncertain environment. Virtual Open Houses are encouraged if our agents have permission from their sellers. Virtual Open Houses will be done using a platform such as Zoom or Facebook Live. We can even schedule these on MLS.
- Showings: It has been determined that showing a property may be reasonable as long as the correct precautions are taken seriously. If our agents have a vacant listing where they can create a safe place for themselves, allow for social distancing, and provide hand sanitizer, gloves and booties for visitors, AND they have permission from the seller, they can continue showing a property. We have encouraged our agents to only allow one person in a home at a time when possible. We have also encouraged our agents (weather permitting) to have the doors and windows open prior to the clients arrival. Our agents have been encouraged to be prepared to have a method of cleaning up after the showing. They are planning to have a trash can and bag readily available for used gloves, booties and sanitizing wipes.
- Real Estate Photography: To protect our clients, agents and our photographer, we have set strict limits and rules for our in-house photography service. If you would like to see our COVID-19 Real Estate Photoshoot Protocol, we would be happy to share that with you. Please email us at email@example.com.
Currently, we are encouraging Buyers Agents to do the following in addition to the measures listed above:
- Work with buyers to thoroughly research the properties they think they want to see online. Encourage buyers to limit the number of properties they schedule to see in person.
- Drive by to initially preview the home and have clients drive by to preview as well.
- Encourage buyers to take their own vehicles to properties if at all possible.
- Call listing agents PERSONALLY for showings and talk to them about the home, it’s availability to show, and the current showing protocol.
- Get all the data together for the listings their buyers want to see in advance: measurements, images, details etc. This can help answer Buyer questions and cut down on the amount of time spent in the home.
Currently, we are encouraging Sellers Agents to do the following in addition to the measures listed above:
- Honor wishes of Sellers when creating protocol for showings. If a seller does not want people in their home, do not show the home in person.
- Create a “digital” house book that’s easily emailed to clients, customers and agents. Include all pertinent information, photos, videos, virtual tours, etc.
- Create a “showing card” when greeting others at listings that outlines the showing protocol for the home (booties, gloves, hand sanitizer, not touching things, etc.). This card should also provide links to more information about the home so that it is easily accessible.
We have made it clear to all of our agents that if they feel the least bit sick, even during this our peak allergy season, that they do not go out and interact with others either personally or professionally. It’s not worth risking their health or the health of others. We have also asked for them to cancel or postpone appointments if their clients have any symptoms of illness or have been around anyone with symptoms of illness.
Following common sense CDC guidelines is of the utmost importance right now. We have asked that all of our agents and employees cooperate in taking steps to reduce the transmission of communicable diseases in their interactions with others. In addition to the measures listed above, we have encouraged our team to be mindful of the following:
- Do not interact with others in person at all while they are experiencing respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches or chills.
- Currently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people remain at home until at least 24 hours after they are free of fever (100 degrees F or 37.8 degrees C) or signs of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- If you are feeling sick AT ALL, do not interact with others.
- Cover your mouth with tissues whenever you sneeze, and immediately discard used tissues in the trash.
- Avoid people who are sick with respiratory symptoms.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces in your home and car.
- Wear a mask and, if possible, gloves anytime you go into a public space.
- PROPERLY & FREQUENTLY WASH YOUR HANDS!
We chose to share these protocols with you to show you how seriously we are taking this situation and because your comfort and safety are of the utmost importance to us. We are honored to be considered an “Essential Service”, and believe that it is important to be able to continue to help our clients buy and sell properties as needed. In order to stay as up to date as possible, we are closely monitoring current local, state, and national guidance related to virus prevention protocols and amending our protocols accordingly. We believe it is our responsibility to take precautions and do what we can to ensure that we keep our customers, families, community and ourselves as safe as possibly during this trying time.
We are all in this together, and we believe that we are stronger together. If you are looking to buy or sell a property right now, if you are thinking about buying or selling a property after COVID-19 is over, if you want to know the current value of your home, or if you just want to chat with us, don’t hesitate to call or email us. We are here for you, and we look forward to seeing ALL OF YOU when this is over!