Modern Phoenix Week 2020
Modern Phoenix Week 2020 will be held March 14-22, 2020. Tickets go on sale February 1 at 8 am. According to www.modernphoenix.net, the Home Tour sells out in hours. Because of this, it is highly encouraged that you to join their mailing list or put an alert in your calendar to recheck their website in late January for more details.
According to their site, Modern Phoenix Week will include the some of the following events amongst others:
- Tour Paolo Soleri’s Cosanti in Paradise Valley with Soleri’s Director of Paolo Soleri Studios Roger Tomalty.
- Midcentury Modern Bike Tour – Use Phoenix’s GRID bikeshare program to explore mid-century architecture with two local experts.
- Valley Ho – check out the architecture at this mid-century landmark known for its “Flinstone’s meets Jetsons” style.
- Phoenix Center for the Arts – Chat with architect Taz Khatri and a panel of urbanists after screening this new documentary film about our changing urban environment and four trailblazing women architects: Phyllis Lambert, Blanche Lemco van Ginkel, Cornelia Hahn Oberlander and Denise Scott Brown.
- Rethinking the House Museum – Delve into a joint research study on the social, cultural and economic benefits of house museums with Mark Stapp and Victor Sidy.
- Cactus and Succulent Selection and Arrangement Workshop.
- Modern Phoenix Expo – Explore pop-up shops to find new products and services for modern architecture, interior design, fashion, home renovation, furniture, lighting and accessories. Meet contemporary interior designers, landscapers, furniture designers, green builders, architects, historians, preservationists, vintage furniture dealers and other professionals to help you get your job done.
- Research your mid-century home – Donna Reiner will guide a small group through researching a midcentury home or neighborhood using local resources and online databases with our pop-up library of magazines, brochures, newspapers, maps and other materials.
- Making Architecture with 180 Degrees Design + Build – Join principal architects John Anderson, James Trahan and Troy Vincent as they recount the highs and lows of Making Architecture as an innovative design-build firm over the last two decades.
- Modern Home Tour – The Emerald City – The Crown Jewel of Modern Phoenix Week! The Home Tour features full access to about a dozen midcentury and contemporary modern homes along the Central Avenue Corridor, which is known for its lush neighborhoods featuring mature and shady landscaping.
Be sure to visit their website for more details, information, and most importantly… tickets!! This is a DON’T MISS EVENT! Tickets can be purchased here starting February 1st.